Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Head band.....

These head bands will go so well with the OUTFIT I bought myself a while back. I guess that in the picture it does not match too well but it's just about the exact same shade of purple as the tank top and some of the flowers in the skirt. I found the tutorial HERE for these.So easy it only took me about 10 min total for both of them. I do still have to sow the band though.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The old baby room pictures....

These are the old pictures I had in the baby's room. I painted them on the deck of our Vesper house just a week before Conner was born now my little peanut is 4!!! Ughh where does the time go. I will be getting rid of these though I am a little sad to see them go :(

3 of 3....

 I am finished....my life can move on.
Monday, February 21, 2011

2 of 3.....

I finished the monkey.....all I have left is the elephant now!!! Luckily I was able to somehow mix and MATCH my colors hopefully I can do it again for the 3rd picture. The green border on the monkey picture is a little lighter but not enough to really notice unless you look really close!!!
Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pictures for baby's room

One down 2 to go.....I think I will do a monkey and the blue elephant for the other two pictures.
Thursday, February 10, 2011

Flowers

I really wanted to make THIS but I did not have enough red felt at home so I settled for making a few more flower accessories.
Friday, February 4, 2011

Another flowere tutorial....

I also made these little flowers. You can really use any kind of material for these it does not need to be silk since you do not have to melt it down. 
First you need to cut your strip of material. I wanted my flower to be small so it was about 5 inches long and 1 inch wide. This was silk so I melted the edges carefully so that the material would not fray.

Next fold the material in half and do a loose stitch along the edge.
Then simply pull on the thread till your flower begins to take shape and sow into place.
Then for the center I used a button and a scrapbooking embellishment.
Since the back looks kinda icky like this I just cut out a little circle patch melted the edges and then glued it to the center back part of the flower to cover up the stitching. 
The I sowed it to a ribbon with a partial rubber band on it with a couple other smaller flowers.

Google Search

Followers

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive