Friday, February 4, 2011

Another flowere tutorial....

I also made these little flowers. You can really use any kind of material for these it does not need to be silk since you do not have to melt it down. 
First you need to cut your strip of material. I wanted my flower to be small so it was about 5 inches long and 1 inch wide. This was silk so I melted the edges carefully so that the material would not fray.

Next fold the material in half and do a loose stitch along the edge.
Then simply pull on the thread till your flower begins to take shape and sow into place.
Then for the center I used a button and a scrapbooking embellishment.
Since the back looks kinda icky like this I just cut out a little circle patch melted the edges and then glued it to the center back part of the flower to cover up the stitching. 
The I sowed it to a ribbon with a partial rubber band on it with a couple other smaller flowers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google Search

Followers

Blog Archive