Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Recycling....

If you have little kids in your house you have tons and tons of broken crayons. Most people would throw the broken ones out but I like to recycle, reuse and refurbish so I collect those broken pieces and save them in a little baggie till I have a bunch of them and this is what we made with them :)

First you need to remove the paper off the crayons. Though Conner was more than willing to help this was a little hard for him to do. Then break the crayons into little pieces and place into silicone molds....I love these heart and flower shaped ones I got a long time ago on clearance. Conner thought it was pretty fun to break them up and fill the molds. If you do not have silicone molds just use your cupcake sheet and line it with cupcake paper and it works just as well!!!
 About half inch full I would say...I did not want them to be too thick!!!
Now they are all ready to go into the oven....seeeeee mama. Place in a preheated oven to 200 degrees for about 15 minutes or untill all the crayons are melted. Remove from the oven and let them coll completely....about 45 minutes to an hour. 
Then just pop the shapes out!!!
Perfect for little hands!!!

How cute are these!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google Search

Followers

Blog Archive