Thursday, February 3, 2011

Silk Flowers....

 I found this silk pillow case at the good will store for .99 cents today. Start out by drawing out different size circles on the material then cut them out.
 You want the biggest on the outside and smallest on the inside.
 If you want more texture then cut them into flower shape which I did for some of mine.
 Then use a tea light or candle to melt the edges. No need to put it directly into the flame it will melt better and make prettier shapes if you just hold real close to the flame.
 Layer your flower and using a needle and thread sow all the layers together.
 I found these hair clips at wall mart on clearance ages ago I think there was 6 of them in a pack for .49 cents. Cut out a small triangle out of the silk material and make sure that you slightly melt the edges with the tea light otherwise the material will fray and it will not work. Using a hot glue gun glue the triangle to the flower with the hair clip in the middle. You can also sow it on to the bottom flower petal before you assemble the flower but gluing was just easier for me. 
The back of the flower!!!
I also glued a little pearl in the middle but you can be creative and use a button or more material. 
 I also made this head band. I have had the band forever and never wear it but I'm pretty sure I will more often now.
 The back of it.
How adorable is that!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow-you are awesome! I would never have given the 99cent pillowcase a second thought! You rock...I need to go thrifting with you!

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

adorable!!!

Post a Comment

Google Search

Followers

Blog Archive